Archive & Records
Collections Management Systems
Collections Management Systems
Systems built by archivists, for archivists
Manage, share and digitise your archival collections.
Our Archives solutions have evolved over three decades and today manage some of the most significant archives in the world, including the BBC, Bank of England and Middle East Centre Archive, as well as a large number of local authority, government and university archives.
Manage Your Collections With Functionality Designed For Archivists
- Catalogue to archival standards.
- Store, link and manage data using a sophisticated hierarchy based data structure.
- Ensure consistency of authority terms by linking to external thesauri and people databases through Linked Open Data.
- Store and link a wide variety of multimedia and text files.
- Create efficient workflows to manage conservation, Reading Room requests, digitisation processes, etc.
- Manage user permissions and access to records and authority files to adhere to data protection rules.
- Manage exact physical locations using hierarchies of locations.
- Manage treatments schedule and condition checks.
Increase Online Access To Your Collections
Publish your collections
online through your website
Make digitised images, documents, video and
audio files available online
Allow detailed searching or browsing by category
Make hierarchies available to the public to explore
Facilitate Historical Research
Create workflows to manage Reading Room requests
Automatically generate Finding Aids
Publish records to national and international archive databases
Share best practice with our large community of Archivists
Manage Your Digital Assets
Manage physical records, born digital and digital copies
Build simple data entry forms and digitisation workflows
Build reports to monitor data entry and digitisation statistics
Import / export XML formats, including EAD
Integrate with Digital Preservation Systems and DAMS
What Our Customers Say
Vienna Technical Museum opens up its object and archive database
A collection archive hidden behind closed doors and accessible only to a select group of experts is now a thing of the past where the Vienna Technical Museum is concerned.
90% of the approximately 160,000 collection items can now be accessed from the museum’s website.
Suzanne Keyte, Archivist, Royal Albert Hall
“We had a lot of information that we needed to store in a very logical way and we wanted to make that available to the public. For the first time in the Hall’s 140 year history it was the first time we were able to make that history public.”
The Wellcome Trust: Exploring the connections between medicine, life and art
“The solution goes with the flow of what archivists do. I find that it handles the complete workflow for an archivist efficiently and effectively. I can get an instant visual representation of the complete archive, which I find extremely valuable, and adding the strong support for managing digital born content, Calm really is a solution any archivist would benefit from working with.”