Axiell DAMS: A Digital Asset Management System For Museums & Archives
Axiell DAMS provides simple, user-friendly access to the digital media stored in your collections management system, and to the full range of digital media (such as marketing collateral and other digital files) across your organisation.
Designed to meet the needs of both marketing and collections departments, Axiell DAMS allows you to leverage your digital assets to raise awareness of your collections and institution.
Axiell DAMS facilitates the efficient and secure sharing of digital media within an organisation, and supports the protection, preservation and management of digital assets.
Share Digital Assets Within Your Organisation
Access the full range of digital assets in your collections database
Include all your marketing digital assets in the DAMS
Access your DAMS through any browser on tablets, laptops, PCs and Macs
Manage over 100 file types for images, video, audio and documents
Marketing Teams Can Access A Wealth Of Digital Media With Ease …
Locate Assets To Match Your Needs
- Search the full collections database by a range of criteria.
- Filter and refine results to narrow your search.
- Easily and flexibly add tags to your assets.
Ensure Assets Are Fit For Purpose
- Access collections data to understand the context of the asset.
- Zoom, pan and rotate in high resolution to study image details.
- Watch or listen to video and audio files before download.
Store, Group And Retrieve Assets
- Save groups of assets in image banks for future access.
- Access recently added / viewed assets from quick lists.
- View similar or related assets from recommendations.
Ensure Adherence To Usage Rights
- Populate assets with usage / rights information directly from collections records.
- Easily find the assets you have permission to use: search by usage permissions.
… And Easily Share Marketing Materials To Ensure Brand Consistency
Upload new assets using drag and drop or browse files
Users can download individual files or groups of files
Files can be shared by sending direct links to digital assets
Ensure The Preservation & Protection Of Your Digital Assets
Manage Digital Assets To Industry Standards
Manage both born digital and high quality reproductions to OAIS standards
Manage User Permissions
Maintain the integrity of your digital assets by staying in control of user access rights
Maintain Collections Data Integrity
Retain your own tagging and coding systems in your collections management system and allow other departments to add additional tags in the DAMS
Implement Digital Preservation Strategies
Monitor and report on bit-rot and manage mass file type conversions
Monitor & Report On Your Digital Collections
Analyse and report on your digital assets by building bespoke and automated reports
Manage Ingestion Easily & Accurately
Ingest metadata, create derivatives and proxies and create workflows to support digitisation
Why we built Axiell DAMS
and what it can do for you
Alex Fell, Deputy Head of R&D, shares the story of how Axiell DAMS came to be developed, how it can bridge the gap between marketing and collections departments, and demonstrates the system and its functionality.