Easy To Use Collections Management Software
Mimsy XG is known for its simple implementation and user led development, Mimsy XG has a particular strength in cultural history and multi-disciplinary collections. With strong cross-platform capabilities, it is a natural fit in mixed Mac OSX and Windows environments.
Manage Your Collections
- Catalogue to international standards.
- Manage multimedia, text files and physical objects data in one central database.
- Ensure consistency of authority terms by linking to external thesauri and people databases.
- Easily search and locate relevant records.
- Simple import and export of data.
- Create efficient workflows to manage conservation, Reading Room requests, digitisation processes, etc.
- Easily manage user permissions and access to records and authority files.
- Manage exact physical locations using hierarchies of locations.
- Manage treatments schedule and condition checks.
- Create and access reports.
Increase Access To Your Collections
Publish your collections online through your website
Make digitised images, documents, video and audio files available online
Allow detailed online searching or browsing by category
Store and share meaningful contextual information
Publish to national and international research portals
Easy To Use Collections Management
Customise your system to meet your needs
Quickly enter data with in-built spellcheck and duplicate checking
Link multimedia files to records with drag and drop
Create secure access for different levels of user
Easily manage and prepare for events and exhibitions
Mimsy XG Can Be Used With A Range Of Add-On Products
MWeb / Mobius
Publish your collections to the web
Integrate with and connect to 3rd party solutions
What Our Customers Say
How the National Maritime Museum creates engagement with their collections online and in the Museum
A few years ago the Museum set a cardinal direction towards the future, which has virtually doubled visitor numbers. One of the main objectives has been to make the diversity of the collections more visible and accessible in the Museum and online.
Read Case Study
Beth Ellis, Curator of Digital Collections and Web Editor, P&O Heritage
“It’s been a really good, functional, stable system for us and it’s got a good support system. We’ve been working with the same core team since we started and they’re still working on it now so it gives you that trust element. They know our database really well, and they know us really well.”
How The Autry Museum of the American West uses barcoding to track a complex collections move and frequent movement of artefacts
“Axiell’s products are really flexible and easy to implement. Each department has specific needs in terms of how they create and access data, and Axiell allows me to customise this. Data can be created and accessed in a variety of ways and meeting a variety of needs, while being stored in a single database. The process as a whole saves time and resources for the museum.”