Digital Transformation Museums Report: The status of digital transformation in the museum industry 2016 and using digitalisation to increase visibility
Digital transformation can take many forms, from enabling museum visitors to use smartphones or tablets throughout the site to enhance their experience, to digitising the collection and making it available online, to engaging with people before or after their visits via online channels.
Produced in conjunction with Museums & The Web, this 15 page report draws on the views of more than 70 professionals working in museums across the world to explore the digital strategies of today’s museums and how they link to visitor engagement plans and focus areas for investment.
The report includes:
- Audience engagement strategies: online and onsite
- The start of B.Y.O.D. in museums
- Evaluating mobile tours at: Tate Modern, UK, The Met, USA & Bristol Museums, Galleries & Archives, UK
- Making the most of digitalisation
- Case study: J. Paul Getty Museum, LA